Friday, May 05, 2006

I'm writing the name TODD into my list of Heroes. & 6 Meme

I was at Sheila's house last night.

Todd has FIXED MY COMPUTER.

It took almost a week and he had to replace the operating system. Some of my downloaded programs will be gone and I will need to reload them. He thinks he managed to save all my documents. I'll need to double check all e-mail addresses. Repairing it was a major job. I so owe this man.

It will be a while before it is back online with everything reloaded, etc. (Maybe Sunday or Monday) I miss my desk. I miss my chair. I miss my stuff. I'm hopping up and down with excitement.

I'm almost back. "The mother and child reunion is only a motion away!!!"


6 Meme from "M" and "Xdell"

I’m a certified scuba diver.

I’ve photographed a total eclipse of the sun.

I’ve danced naked in the rain and posed as a nude model.

I had to get rid of a couple thousand books to make room for my husband when we got married. (I’m getting ready to do another clearing out. We can’t just keep buying bigger houses.)

At one time I was a publishing poet and won a lot of awards. (Also made very little money. Sort of like novels when you think about it.)

I have historically had the blackest thumb in America, maybe the world. In the 12 years we’ve been at this house, I’ve planted 4 gardens and killed them all. I can’t bear to think of the time and money I’ve spent killing things. This year I am following a book called “Square foot Gardening”. It is a form of container gardening where you create your own soil. I had a Master Gardener, who is a close family friend, come and tell me exactly where to build the garden plot. So far things are looking taller, and greener, and I’m holding my breath. This may be the year I break the jinx.

I've met Bill and Hillary Clinton.

And these are only the things I can print in a public post. (It reminds me of the joke about an old maid's tombstone. It read, "I may have been a Miss, but I didn't miss much!")

**If you are counting these posts then you probably have realized there are 7 instead of 6. One is a lie. The question, my friends, is which one? I'd love to hear guesses and why you chose it. After a few days, I will disclose the truth.

12 Comments:

Blogger Dana Pollard said...

There is nothing like being reuninted with your baby... I mean computer. hehe

9:21 AM CDT  
Blogger X. Dell said...

Yay, you're up and running!

I'm guessing that you have the greenest thumb in Oklahoma.

I really hope that one's the lie. I'd hate to think of you as a plant mass murderer.

10:58 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo, Betty :)

11:51 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My vote is for the certified scuba diver ;)

9:50 PM CDT  
Blogger Betty S said...

LOL

Sorry Dell, I am guiltly as charged. Two summers ago I must have planted 12 tomato plants and an equal number of pepper plants and managed to get no tomatos and 2 shrivled peppers out of the lot. (Lack of adequate sun was the final diagnosis)

Yep, Heather. I'm a fire hazard. Actually I've improved slightly since I can get so much information and even literature off of the internet. I do still have a lot though. Mostly things that wouldn't be available online or in the library.

That's 2 down.

1:46 AM CDT  
Blogger Betty S said...

Oops. Make that 3. I took my diver's certification dive in the dead of winter at a lake outside of Austin, Texas. (Lake Travis) It was so cold out that steam was rising off of the surface of the lake and I ended up with hypothermia.

1:49 AM CDT  
Blogger X. Dell said...

The SCUBA thing in and of itself is impressive, Betty.

10:37 AM CDT  
Blogger X. Dell said...

Lessee. Photographing the eclipse and dancing naked in the rain sound pretty mundane. And I have no trouble believing that you're a great poet.

So that leaves Bill and Hillary. I'm guessing now that you never met them (or at least both of them).

11:55 AM CDT  
Blogger Rayke said...

Dancing naked in the rain sounds mundane but meeting the Clintons doesn't?

Photographing the eclipse, for the win!

5:35 PM CDT  
Blogger Betty S said...

The prize goes to XDell.

Haven't met the Clintons, either one of them.

4:09 PM CDT  
Blogger Betty S said...

Actually XDEll, I'm not up and running. I thought I was up and running but, like life itself, things are not always as they appear. Still working on it, though. I am getting more skilled at accessing things without actually having a computer.

4:11 PM CDT  
Blogger X. Dell said...

We'll be happy to see you when we see you, Betty.

6:33 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


CLICK HERE TO GET A NEW CURSOR!