Saturday, March 04, 2006

City Missing! Highway Patrol placed on High Alert.


Did you ever have a blond moment that left you feeling red faced and painfully… well, BLOND.

Jeez. Yesterday I lost an entire city. Holy Cow!

Okay. Pay close attention, because this is technical.
I live on the far north side of OKC, one of the largest cities in the world in land area.
My daughter’s repaired car was on the south side of the city of Moore which lies to the south between OKC and Norman (Home of OU). It was 4:45 and I knew that for the next 2 hours the highways were going to consist of long caravans of almost non-moving cars and frustrated drivers.
Solution: take an alternate route. It would be about a 30-45 min drive. The repair shop closed at 6 p.m. No big deal. Western Ave goes all the way from OKC to Norman, so it’s the natural choice right? Well some inebriated city planner used OKC street numbers on Western Ave all the way to Norman. What should have been S. 19th in Moore had a sign that said S. 100 or 200 and something, so I never knew when I got there. The first sign that I had totally missed Moore was the big water tower off to my right that said NORMAN. We called the repair shop. I had to tell them I'd lost Moore. (They stayed open for us. Thank you, nice people) And it was almost 7:30 by the time we got back home. (Jenn’s 7 p.m. date was sitting at the house, twiddling his thumbs.)

Arrggh!!!
Things that don’t kill you outright make you stronger…
Things that don’t kill you outright make you stronger…
Things that don’t kill you outright make you stronger…
Things that don’t kill you outright make you stronger…

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, Betty! I've had more than a few blond moments myself ;)

9:18 AM CST  
Blogger Michele said...

ROTFL! Had that happen to me when we visited Rhode Island. Thing is, we NEVER found the town.
I think I'm more blonde than you.
:-)

2:22 PM CST  
Blogger X-Evolutionist said...

Hi Betty,

I saw your site listed in Blog Oklahoma. It was fun reading your blog about losing an entire city. I live in OKC, myself, so that made it more interesting to read.

I read that your have a doxie named Miss Daisy. Pets are sure great! My dogs and birds are great company.

X

X-Evolutionist

5:11 PM CST  
Blogger Betty S said...

Thanks for dropping by "Dishin' the Dirt".
We are a family of animal lovers as well.
Our daschund, Daisy, was rescued from NW OKC.
Someone had thrown her out of a truck window at 122 & May.
When we picked he up from the couple who had taken her in, she was bones covered with fur, had a broked tale, 2 scars on her face, a deformed ear, and was terrified of people. You sure couldn't tell that now. It doesn't look like the same dog.
Glad to meet another animal lover.

5:33 PM CST  
Blogger Betty S said...

Bonnie, I'm glad I'm not alone.

Heather, I married someone smart, too. Unfortunately, he wasn't in the car.

Michelle, I'm so glad I'm not the only "blond" this has happened to. We are all laughing about it now, but when I was setting there looking at the NORMAN water tower, sounds were coming out of my mouth but they weren't even close to laughter. ;)

6:35 PM CST  
Blogger Dana Pollard said...

How funny! Don't feel bad, a certain someone and I rean out of gas on the way to Shreveport this past Friday. And yes, she is blonde, but is a smart blonde. I'm the one with the blonde roots! hehe

9:10 PM CST  
Blogger Betty S said...

LOL You guys are great.

11:26 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home


CLICK HERE TO GET A NEW CURSOR!