Saturday, February 11, 2006

17 Degrees - Holy Hypothermia !!!


That's right.
It was 17 degrees this morning. Only God knows what the windchill was. I had to send puppy out into that freezer to visit her great green potty! Of course, right now the yard looks more like hay than grass.

I'm sure those of you in the northern states are laughing at my wimpyness. I swear to you. Cold here is colder than cold where you are. (Or maybe any cold near me always seems colder than cold could possibly be anywhere else.) It makes the skin burn and the bones ache.

I would love to curl up in front of the fireplace with a hot cuppa anything and my writing notebooks or a good novel. Unfortunately, I have to run some errands and help my husband at the office for a while (It's tax season and he's a CPA). So staying home and keeping my tootsies toasty is out of the question. Damn.

Someone needs to hire new weatherpersons who will give us better weather.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

}:) No comment . . .

1:59 PM CST  
Blogger Betty S said...

Hey!
What happened to those "warm" thoughts.

10:56 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sending you "warm" thoughts now :)

17 degrees is cold compared to what you're used to. I hope the weather gets better soon :)

1:46 PM CST  
Blogger Dana Pollard said...

I lived in Fargo, ND. And you're right, cold here is colder there. It's dry cold there... it's WET AND WINDY cold here. BIG DIFFERE
NCE!!

8:23 PM CST  
Blogger Dana Pollard said...

I meant to say cold here is colder than there. geeze...

8:24 PM CST  
Blogger Betty S said...

Thanks.
All sympathy and kind thoughts accepted.

Heather, I promise you, if I had a snow blower it would be yours.

4:52 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home


CLICK HERE TO GET A NEW CURSOR!