Friday, February 17, 2006

2 Day Forcast: Wintry Mix


Wintry Mix.
It has such a pleasant sound to it. You think of mulled cider, roasting marshmallows, a fireplace and friends. Or hot coco and a good book. There is a delicacy to it. A softness. Winter’s caress filled with nostalgia and fresh clean air.

It’s not the same as “sleet” and “freezing rain". Those words snap and crack like the rigid sound of breaking glass. Violent words. Empty of warmth. If uttered, the populous would vacate town for warmer climes, leaving no one to maintain even the most basic of services.

It's looks are deceptive, wintry mix, all filigree and crystal lace. Moaning a deep seductive song as the sparkling branches dance against the sky. A glistening land of diamonds and fairies sprung up overnight like Brigadoon. Ah, where are the pipes and flautists? Let the dancing begin!

And then… you open the door.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freezing rain is definitely NOT fun }:(

7:08 AM CST  
Blogger Betty S said...

No kidding. And there is more coming. The weather gurus are saying it will continue through today and tomorrow.

My son and a carload of his friends left OKC about 6am for Tulsa. (I think they are crazy) It may take them half the day to make the 2 hr. drive. I'm going to be worried sick until I hear from him.

It was 12 degrees with a windchill of -5 when they left.

8:24 AM CST  
Blogger Betty S said...

For some reason Oklahoma often falls along a line that produces ice and freezing rain before, or even if, we get any snow. Snow actually isn't as bad if we get it by itself, which is seldom.

My son and his friends made it all the way to Tulsa for their tournament and back again in one day. He just got in a few minutes ago. He's excited and exhausted. I'm just glad to have him home so I can stop worrying. (Of course, my husband said there was so little traffic that they were probably safer then when it is dry out and the traffic is heavy.) That sounds good in THEORY. I'm still thankful to have him home.

My goddaughter works in NYC. With the storm that has been buffeting that area recently, I've been keeping you all in my thoughts.

12:27 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home


CLICK HERE TO GET A NEW CURSOR!