Saturday, July 01, 2006

Variety is the Spice of Life


I absolutely love the odd or unusual. Especially people who are a little off center from the norm. We are all so much richer for the diversity they provide.


(Okay. Maybe part of this is because I've always lived a teenie bit outside the box myself. At one time my book collection was so extensive that I had to store them in boxes, cover them with cloth and make furniture out of them. When I married my husband I had to get rid of approximately 3000 books to make room for him. I would like to tell you that those were most of the book collection, but I really do try not to lie. Ben has been known to throw his body between me and a book store. The books are a little more under control today, but...

I want everyone, RIGHT NOW, to go to Ammanda McCabe's website and read the post she just posted on eccentrics. These people are fascinating. I'd never heard of "Emperor" Norton of San Francisco, who proclaimed himself to be "Emperor of these United States and Protector of Mexico" in 1859.

Go. Now. Read.
I should create a word document and start collecting these people.

* Speaking of eccentric check out the oassdomination link on Gena's blog.

***Jenn's New CAR!!! (How my family has spent its last week)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL about the book collection, Betty ;)

10:08 AM CDT  
Blogger X. Dell said...

Intersting that you brought up this subject, because it foreshadows some of what I plan to talk about during the month of July.

Betty, you and I must be on some kind of coosmic wavelength.

5:12 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always liked Emperor Norton. Talk about chutzpah! Not that most of us can afford to throw stones. It's rather refreshing realizing that it's ok to be weird.

12:43 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


CLICK HERE TO GET A NEW CURSOR!