Sunday, June 11, 2006

FOUND IT !!!!! Mystery Solved.

Holy Cow!!!

We took apart 2 houses looking for the ring. Then this morning, after Jenn got up, Ben set down next to her and in a somber tone said, "We've got a problelm. Mom's wedding ring is gone." In a casual offhand manner Jenn said, "I've got it."

Ben woke me up (which he seldom does on a weekend - not that I sleep in a lot or anything) to give me the news. I'd even gone to bed last night telling my brain to find the ring in my dreams. I drifted off to sleep visualizing in as much detail as possible all the places I had been yesterday.

It turns out, Jenn left for her date last night about 15 minutes after we left for Yukon to have dinner and game night with friends. Before leaving she had gone into the bathroom and saw my ring laying on the counter where I had taken it off to put on lotion. Worried it might get lost or go down the drain, she put it in her room on the jewelry box to protect it. Since she was home and asleep by the time we got in, we didn't talk with her till this morning.

I'm emotionally exhausted.

11 Comments:

Blogger X. Dell said...

Whew!

Although, I thought it would turn up eventually.

Being unmarried, I can't imagine wearing a wedding band. I don't think I'd like it very much.

But were I married, I could see myself losing that ring again and again until the divorce.

3:32 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea that you found it, Betty!!! :)

4:57 PM CDT  
Blogger Kelli McBride said...

Betty I'm so glad you found your ring. As a pick me up, I've got something special for you on my blog....visit at your visual peril!!

5:40 PM CDT  
Blogger Dana Pollard said...

So glad to hear you found your ring. woohoo!

10:48 AM CDT  
Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

We love Jenn. We always love Jenn. We love her so much, we make her read the dirty parts in the books at our parties...

7:01 PM CDT  
Blogger Betty S said...

Yes we do love Jenn. So much she and I are taking off together for a weekend of girl talk and R&R.

8:33 PM CDT  
Blogger Rachel Vincent said...

I'm so glad you found it! I can't imagine how bad you must have felt while it was missing.

5:54 PM CDT  
Blogger Rayke said...

Well that was just a fun uplifting story.

"Smurfed off". Ha. That was awesome.

My wife should not give me a wedding band because I am almost certain that I would lose it, break it, eat it, etc...within days.

She should give me a wedding Ferrari instead. Much less prone to get lost. Me breaking and eating it is still a possibility though...

3:18 AM CDT  
Blogger Betty S said...

Ha! Ferrari is a great idea. Ben and I are having our 25th Wedding Anniversary Celebration July 7th. We are going to redo our vows which we wrote 25 years ago. ONLY... he wants me to add a clause saying I will iron shirts and sew on buttons. (I don't iron. I worship at the alter of wash n' wear) I have told him absolutely not. HOWEVER, since we won't be exchanging rings this time, I think I might start pushing for a car! Of course, being an old fart, I would rather have an Accord, Oddesy or Civic.

6:55 AM CDT  
Blogger X. Dell said...

I'm thinking that the ancient goddess of wash and wear must be Vesta?

11:33 PM CDT  
Blogger Betty S said...

Oh, wise x.dell. I think you're right!

*you wouldn't lose the ring if it was the right person. It took me forever to find Ben. I've accused him of hiding.

11:37 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


CLICK HERE TO GET A NEW CURSOR!