Sunday, June 04, 2006

In Deep "Do" and Sinking Fast



OMG. I'm getting married!!! In 5 weeks!!!!

Okay. Not really married. And not that we've been living in wanton sin all these years. (LOL, at least not in legal terms) But there isn't really a good word to call it.

Ben and I have been together 25 years as of Friday, July 7th. We are "renewing our vows", except that sounds like they expired. We are "getting married again" except that sounds like we got divorced. "Reaffirming our vows" sounds like we slipped down the slippery slope of forgetfulness and now have to remind ourselves. This issue of what it actually is we are doing has become a big issue. In truth we know what we are doing, but words are tricky little boogers.

I'm in a panic. Okay?

I mean, I'm a writer not a party planner. So far I have reserved the church and the minister. Yesterday I went to Sam's, made my invitations, and had them printed off. That's it!!!

FIVE weeks! And no dress, cake, balloons, food, band/dj, flowers, photographer, consideration of what kind of small ceremony to have. Not only am I not good at this kind of thing, I actually really suck at it. I'm in such trouble.

Sheila and Ammanda have offered to help me find a dress. But when? I have so much shit to do! How did this sneak up on me like this?

Everyone write down 1st UU Church in Oklahoma City, July 7th, 7 p.m. That way, if I don't get around to mailing invitations, those of you who can actually make it will know where to come.

I think we've finally settled on "25th Wedding Anniversary Celebration" and are making it more like a big party than a fancy formal thing. Think of me often for the next few weeks. I have no idea what I'm doing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that's wonderful, Betty :) I'm sure it will be a fantastic day!!!

1:49 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's been that long, huh? I won't make it since we will be deep into fiscal year end at that point but I wish you both another 25 years.

3:43 PM CDT  
Blogger Betty S said...

Thanks guys. Actually, I sort of assumed Ontario, Massachusetts and Arizona might be a bit of a trip for a party. BUT...know you are all loved and invited.

4:36 PM CDT  
Blogger X. Dell said...

Betty, if I find myself in OK that day, I'd love to attend.

Couldn't you do what you did for the last ceremony vis-a-vis planning?

My heart weeps for you, but not that much. I'm sure you'll have a great day to remember, and everyone there will have lots of fun.

And don't forget the pictures.

10:49 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


CLICK HERE TO GET A NEW CURSOR!