Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Branch Weighed 6,500+ lbs





(Update from my brother)






The crain that lifted the tree trunk off my house had a scale on it - showing how much weight it was lifting....

The tree was cut back from what was laying all over the roof of the garage to the point on the edge of the roof (picture below)

That 10-12 foot section from the edge of my roof...to the main tree it split off from. That section alone weighed 3,400 lbs.

The whole length of tree branch was in the 6,500 to 7,000 lb range, all laying ON my garage

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

{:0

5:42 PM CDT  
Blogger X. Dell said...

Damn. Good thing it didn't fall on someone or in a place where it could do even more damage.

3:18 PM CDT  
Blogger Michele said...

Good Grief!
That's more than two cars!
Praise be that it was a garage and not people.
I guess you could consider that the "silver lining?"
*whew*

8:51 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


CLICK HERE TO GET A NEW CURSOR!