Sunday, May 21, 2006

Computer Blessing


Rinda's blog on magic inspired me.
I am lighting candles and incense and chanting this 3 times as I pass Sage over the area where my computer normally rests.
Who knows?
It might work.



Blessings on this fine machine,
May its data all be clean.
Let the files stay where they're put,
Away from disk drives keep all soot.
From its screen shall come no whines,
Let in no spikes on power lines.
As oaks were sacred to the Druids,
Let not the keyboard suffer fluids.
Disk Full shall be nor more than rarity,
The memory shall not miss its parity.
From the modem shall come wonders,
Without line noise making blunders.
May it never catch a virus,
And all its software stay desirous.
Oh let the printer never jam,
And turn my output into spam.
I ask of Eris, noble queen,
Keep DISCORD far from this machine.
http://www.witcheswell.com/

*Eris is the Greek goddess of discord and strife. She is Ares' constant companion and follows him everywhere. Eris is sinister and mean, and her greatest joy is to make trouble. She has a golden apple that is so bright and shiny everybody wants to have it. When she throws it among friends, their friendship come to a rapid end. When she throws it among enemies, war breaks out, for the golden apple of Eris is the Apple of Discord. She did this once during the wedding of Peleus and Thetis, and this act brought about the Trojan War.

6 Comments:

Blogger Betty S said...

Well, I just went to Rinda's to check out the title of the book and it turns out it wasn't her that was reading it. Nor was it any one else on my regular list which means I may have found it while hopping and may have lost it.

"S"word.

9:31 PM CDT  
Blogger X. Dell said...

I'll light a candle to ad my mojo to your working machine, Betty. I'm hoping that you and it are happy together until software designers no longer include it in their minimum systems requirements (check your watch).

That reminds me of a joke:

Christ and Satan were arguing about which one of them was a better techie. They decided to hold a programming contest, and God volunteered to be the referee.

They both had the same programming task, and they were working at about the same pace. God noticed, however, that after awhile, Satan had pulled out ahead, slightly.

Just then the power went off, and both machines went blank. When the power came back on, Christ punched in a few keystrokes, and printed out his code, leaving Satan dumbfounded.

"How in hell did He do that?" thundeed the hooved one. "We both experiened power outages. I lost all my programming and had to start over. Why can Jesus just punch a couple of keys and print out his code?"

"Because," God answered, "Jesus saves."

Just some advice from someone wiser than I.

2:01 PM CDT  
Blogger Betty S said...

HOLY COW!!!
I FOUND IT!!!

It was Ammanda McCabe who was reading it.

she said:
"Not in Kansas Anymore: A Curious Tale of How Magic is Transforming America" by Christine Wicker. I'm about halfway through, and it's very interesting. How could I resist a book with chapter titles like "The Vegetarian Vampire and the Wooden-Headed Death Puppet Have Something to Say"???
Here is part of the blurb: "Hundreds of thousands of Americans are turning toward the supernatural in new ways, blending the ancient and the modern for a hyper-charged spirituality. They are reaching back in time to powers that have sustained the human imagination for thousands of years." Will report back when I finish.

NOW: Doesn't that just make you want to read the book?

2:04 PM CDT  
Blogger Betty S said...

LOL Dell.

Fortunately I saved, too. Most of my documents will survive. It's just getting the ##**X machine to come back on. Which TODD IS FIXING. Hallelujah.

2:09 PM CDT  
Blogger X. Dell said...

I'm not surprised that people are looking more into spirituality. The logocentrism running rampant in our culture has its shortcommings like everything else.

9:49 PM CDT  
Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

Oh, good. I couldn't figure out what post you were talking about. Thought I was losing it.

Wait, I may have anyway...

1:42 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


CLICK HERE TO GET A NEW CURSOR!