Saturday, December 01, 2007

Welcome to December





Thanks for all your prayers and concern.
We had a pretty nightmarish week with mom, but the last two days have been somewhat better. I've been practically living at the skilled nursing facility. I've come to believe that she was released from the hospital too early (straight from critical care to rehab) but they were following Medicare regulations--which sometimes suck (pardon my bluntness). My concern now is that she is exhausted. She needs her strength and energy back. My husband has given her a stuffed energizer bunny, like the one in the commercial with the little drum, and told her it was to help her when her own resources felt a little drained.

Keep her in your thoughts.
I love you all.

(In the meantime - here's a lively little jingle to help us keep our spirits up!)

3 Comments:

Blogger X. Dell said...

I'll keep your mom in my thoughts. But I'll also light a candle for you and your husband. You have put in a lot of work into your mom's recouperation, and you still have more to do.

BTW, I know exactly where two of the scenes in the that donkey video were filmed. The brownstone is on St. Marks, and the Central Park scene is near the reservoir. Can't place the red brick house, though.

2:41 PM CST  
Blogger Betty S said...

LOL. I can't believe you know where the donkey video was filmed! I stole it off of U-tube because it was absurd and peppy.

Mom had a mostly better weekend than she's had in a long while. I'm starting to feel physically tired from it all. Ben has given me a certificate for an hour massage. Now I just need to find time to schedule it.

9:16 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Betty,
I'm sending good thoughts her way :)

9:56 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home


CLICK HERE TO GET A NEW CURSOR!