Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Quick Update

Orientation begins today. I think I'm mostly ready.

Classes begin Monday and my syllabus is still unwritten. (I've never been this behind.)

We're short handed at work. [In an office with 1.5 counselors 1 is on baby leave and the .5 counselor (me) is working extended hours and trying to keep everything covered until Oct. 1st.]

Jen's preparing to transfer to UCO (Graphic Design)

My son's sleep cycle became so disrupted that his psychiatrist has put him on sleeping pills at night.

The tree men came and took out several trees, including Mr Broccoli, an old damaged pine that looked like a toothpick with a small tuft of green at the top. The airconditioning men came and replaced the duct work in the attic. Ben's car gave up the ghost and had to be in the shop for a week.

Our new daschund, Sadie, who we got just before the trip, is only now beginning to get the idea of doing her business outside. BUT... she won't bark to go out. Her signals are the same as when she wants to play. You have to ask her if she wants to go outside. If she runs madly to the door, she wants out. Otherwise, she uses the carpet and can't seem to understand why we get upset.

Critique group is working full steam again. (This is a good thing.)
Ideas for all kinds of projects are spinning in my head and I can't wait to have the time to get to them.

Tons to do at Ben's office and some of that is getting put on the back burner because the many of the Friday's that I normally work for him are now spent at OSU. (I can do some of it at night or on Saturdays, but I'm tired at night and Saturday is my house cleaning and errand day.)

I'm paying Jenn $50 to cook 4 healthy meals a week and help with light housework. However, she starts classes and a new job in the Cyber Cafe on Monday so I don't know how long I'll have her help. At that point I will be home from work before she is (6:30)

My fantasy is that life will be back to normal by October 1st.

Ben got a super deal on AlphaSmarts the other day. They are all older but work well. Some need new cords to download to the computer. These can be gotten easily from the company. The only difference I can see from these and the later models is that they don't have infa-red download capabilities, and they look older and more boxy. Anyway, I'm going to ask around at the meeting on Saturday and see if any of the other writers want a cheap AlphaSmart.

Got to Go. I need to be at work early today. (And won't be home until after 9 tonight due to faculty inservice meetings. I hate when that happens)

Love you all.
Back Soon.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger X. Dell said...

Sounds like the beginning of a semester. Have a good one. I hope to be normal too, come October.

5:37 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


CLICK HERE TO GET A NEW CURSOR!