Thursday, February 02, 2006

OUCH !



The endometrial Biopsy is over. Won't have the results till tomorrow or Monday. The uterus lining should have been about 5mm thick. It had grown to a density of 13.5mm. Not good. The progression Dr. Nanda described was that first the lining thickens, then benign and/or abnormal tumor cells may begin to develop, then possibly cancer. The Dr. felt pretty certain that it wasn't malignant. We'll know more once the biopsy results come back.
Still having cramps. Hope they end soon.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((Betty)))

5:05 PM CST  
Blogger Betty S said...

Great cyber hug, Bonnie.
You're the greatest.
Thanks.

We really need to meet someday.

5:42 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be lovely :)

10:13 PM CST  
Blogger Dana Pollard said...

I'm pullin' for ya, Betty. You're gonna be fine. See? There, I said it, so it's gonna happen. Yes, my mouth is THAT powerful! hehe My thoughts and prayers are with you, sweetie.

10:26 AM CST  
Blogger Betty S said...

Thanks.
I am not feeling fearful like I might die or something, mostly just annoyed.
They will have to do a follow-up procedure of some type, a hysterectomy or something where they burn out the cells of the uterus so that they will stop growing, and thus not develop into something further. The choice
really isn't in my hands. It depends upon the outcome of the biopsy. If there are abnormal cells, we take the uterus. If not, we burn it so they won't develop.

Since they knock me out regardless, I'm okay with either. However, the burning thing has a
1 week recovery time whereas the hysterectomy is 6 weeks. Obviously, I'm hoping for the shorter and theoretically less invasive of the two.

11:10 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home


CLICK HERE TO GET A NEW CURSOR!