Tuesday, January 10, 2006

We've got SNOW!!!


So of course it is on a day when I'm going to be busy with work and meetings until 9 o'clock tonight!! I hate cold and I hate winter.

Daisy was tiptoeing cautiously around the backyard with snow up to her belly this morning.

Two days ago it was 75 degrees and I was walking.

Winter always feels like a stealth attack by Mother Nature. A woman with whom I usually have a good relationship. But on days like today it is difficult to think of her as anything but a backstabbing bitch.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

I am just the opposite. I love winter and I LOOOOOOVVVVEEEE snow! I'm sad because it's not going to stay. This morning I walked into the living room to find a winter wonderland outside the window. Now, it's all drippy mess. Every winter, my husband and I say we're moving north so we have time to actually enjoy the cold and snow. :)

1:04 PM CST  
Blogger Kelli McBride said...

I agree Rinda. I love the snow. We had a good inch of it in Prague, but it was soft enough that I was able to defrost the car in no time. Alas, it is all gone now.

I really wanted to stay curled up in my fluffy comforter this morning, reading a good book and sipping hot tea. I guess I should move to Gage. ;-)

1:12 PM CST  
Blogger Gena Showalter said...

Yep, I'm with Rinda and Kells!! Love it.

3:03 PM CST  
Blogger Betty S said...

I love it, if I can stay home and enjoy the view.

I even enjoy ski trips to the mountains in the winter, as long as I don't have to actually get out in it and ski.

Days when I have to DRIVE to work are an entirely different issue.
You know how people say they can drive in snow just fine, its the other people who don't know how that cause the problems? I'm the idiot that everyone needs to watch out for. I can get a stress headache just driving to work.

9:06 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home


CLICK HERE TO GET A NEW CURSOR!