Sunday, November 19, 2006

Wii Madness and Testostrone Overkill




Yesterday was my son's birthday.


We ended up with 12 boys. They went through 4 pizzas, 24 deviled eggs, 3 types of chips and dips, 4 liters of pop, sandwiches, and assorted snack items. We had to run out and buy extra cake to have enough.

Jenn says there was "way" too much testosterone in the house. From noon till after midnight the sounds of Yugio and computer games were everywhere. There was only one fight, with one boy being asked to leave. The highlight of the evening, of course, was the arrival of "The Wii."

For anyone who has been out of touch with "Geek News" recently, Nintendo's new Wii was released at midnight last night. In some parts of town people were camping out in tents, for god's sake, just to purchase the thing. Months ago my husband had promised our son a Wii for his birthday, never guessing that it's release was going to equal that of the cabbage patch dolls a number of years ago. Sooo.... there was my husband sitting in line at Wal-Mart for 4-5 hours just to get the voucher that gave him the right to purchase the Wii at midnight. Even after the dispensing of the vouchers (10 p.m.) no one left the line. It was an unbelievable experience, but true to his word, about 12:30 this morning here comes the best dad in the world through the front door and carrying a plastic Wal-Mart bag. The boys were ecstatic. You would have thought he just walked in the house with the solution for world peace. A good time was had by all, and today is "really" going to be a day of "rest."

I'm rethinking my decision to join Weight Watcher's in October. (2 weeks before my birthday on the 20th) I had birthday party and cake at work, party-dinner-cake with family, Bryan's birthday and cake yesterday. A close friends birthday dinner and cake is today, my brother's birthday dinner and cake tomorrow, (skip Tues.) and start cooking T-Day dinner on Wednesday, eat it on Thursday, (diet a little over 1 week) and then Jenn's birthday dinner and cake on Dec. 4th followed by a month filled with dinners and parties leading up to Christmas. Arg! If I can survive the next 6 weeks, I can do anything, but I'm making no promises.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

Hmmm... I'm going to have to check out this Wii thing.

Your post made me hungry. (g)

3:01 PM CST  
Blogger Heather Harper said...

I'm waiting to join until after the holidays.

Glad to hear he had a happy birthday.

5:02 PM CST  
Blogger X. Dell said...

Everyone was talking around me about the PS3, but the Wii seems to have gotten more media attention.

you guys have a lot of birthdays in a short period of time. I can relate (my entire family's born in February). But so shortly before Christmas? I'd reckon that the holidays might be sort of a letdown. Or do you guys just keep up a two-and-a-half month party?

If it's the latter, I could see where Weight Watchers has an uphill battle to wage.

9:07 PM CST  
Blogger Heather Harper said...

Um, okay. I meant to say "renew my membership." Lol.

2:43 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Betty :)

8:10 AM CST  
Blogger Betty S said...

Yep. We do have a lot of birthdays. Not hard to figure out what everyone's parents were doing in January and February of our birth years. Must be the cold weather.

9:05 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home


CLICK HERE TO GET A NEW CURSOR!