Friday, August 25, 2006

The Darker Side of Love




http://www.msubillings.edu/art/leaves_with_hole.htm

A poem by someone I met on the internet.
We've all known people like this.
Emotional vampires who turn love into a weapon of mass destruction.


Healthy Like Kryptonite

Here she comes,
all strung out on herself again,
flies in from her tall buildings of needs,
wearing her cape of woe.
Being broken is her superpower,
thriving on it, she remains
strong, vacuous,
with an ache that would
sweetly suck the twinkle off
the brightest of stars
if it would promise to love her back.
Oh, why does she always feel so alone?
He listens, clucks and nods,
taking two steps backwards,
making a mental note to
stop answering the phone.
He has developed
a healthy fear of
hearts that
love like black holes.

Maureen Dolan ©2006


Update:

Things are hectic but going well.


  • My "closet" office looks like Grand Central Station,
  • I've been assigned a classroom with old equipment that I don't know how to use,
  • student center management rented out the room where the Kick Off Luncheon was scheduled to be held and didn't tell us (30 min before we were to begin we were scrounging around for a new location),
  • the cafeteria shorted us on pizza and we began to run out of food (quick trip to Little Ceasers),
  • and I've injured my arch and been hobbling around on a cane for a couple of weeks.

LOL. Such are the challenges of life. It wouldn't be an adventure without them.

8 Comments:

Blogger Rayke said...

Holy crap, I didn't know there was so much "drama" going down on campus! I should pay closer attention...

MySpace never works when you want it to. It's the buggies piece of...website you will ever come across on the internet.

And yes, you should write a book about religion

11:48 AM CDT  
Blogger Dana Pollard said...

Life would be so boring without complications.

9:08 PM CDT  
Blogger X. Dell said...

That's outrageous, Betty. By old equipment, do you mean like a ditto machine? I remember using those--and carbon paper and fluid (yuck).

Or are you looking at a technology that's not quite as primative, like tintype?

9:37 PM CDT  
Blogger Betty S said...

Rayke, are you on campus this semester?

Dell, Old equipment means I learned in one of the new fancy computer labs. Old really isn't "that" old, its just that I haven't learned how to get the instructors computer to project on the screen. We really are fairly current when it comes to technology. I think I'm the one who's falling behind.

10:25 PM CDT  
Blogger Betty S said...

I really love that poem. You can click on her name and go to her blog.

10:43 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((Betty))) on the arch.

9:12 PM CDT  
Blogger Rayke said...

Yeah, I am on campus this semester. I'm transferring up to UCO for their journalism stuff next semester and probably for the next 2 years.

And I think the technology on campus is pretty up to par. I was pretty impressed last year.

1:27 AM CDT  
Blogger Heather Harper said...

Hugs on the arch, Betty.

I have problems with my feet, too. I suffer intermittently with plantars fasciatis, and when it flares up I can barely walk. And my ankles are stiff every morning.

But hey, anyone gives you any crap you can just bop them over the head with your stick. ;)

6:06 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


CLICK HERE TO GET A NEW CURSOR!