Sunday, January 01, 2006

Here we Go - 1st blog of 2006



I wanted to start the new year and this blog off with something really great, but with only 4 hours sleep last night this was the best I could do. This is going around and I had some fun thinking about it and filling it out. So, welcome to 2006, everyone. Here is the "dirt" on me.

The 7 Meme
Seven Things to Do Before I Die:


1 Write my books
2 Start a business
3 Read all the books I want
(It's my list. It doesn't have to be realistic!)
4 Travel More
5 Grow a successful veggie garden
(I have the blackest thumb in America. If I were a Pilgrim I would have starved to death the first year after I landed.)
6 Lose weight
7 Spend time with my grandchildren
(as yet unconceived)

Seven Things I Cannot Do:
1 Intentionally hurt people
2 Grow younger
3 Laugh enough or Love enough
4 Spend enough time with my family and friends
5 Have enough time to read
6 Spend enough time writing
7 Have a clean house
(You could move me into a mansion and I would quickly find a way to make it look like a storage closet)

Seven Things that Attract Me to My Best Friends (or significant other, etc.)
1 Sense of humor
2 Honesty
3 Tolerance
4 La joie de vivre
5 Compassion
6 Creative thinking
7 Dedication and Reasoned Loyalty

Seven Things I Say (or write!) Most Often
1 I love you
2 Shit
3 It's an adventure
4 How did that happen?
5 Is the internet down?
6 Write it on the grocery list.
(Or the variation, Was it on the grocery list?)
7 Let's go

Seven Books I Love
(There is no way humanly possible I can limit this without driving myself insane. I love them all equally so I will just list catagories.)
1 Romance (OKRWA Outlaws especially)
2 Science Fiction (Robert Heinlein "Stranger in a Strange Land". Also, Bradbury, Asimov, Arthur C. Clark, HG Wells, George Orwell, Aldous Huxley, Kurt Vonnegut, )
3 Science (archeology, anthropology, astronomy, biology, psychology. Just about anything, really.
4 Poetry (From just about any period)
5 Spirituality, Philosophy, Self Improvement
6 Biography (My favorite form of fiction)
7 Current Events

Seven Movies I Would Watch Over and Over Again
(Okay I cheated. These are by 7 vague personally defined catagories instead of 7 movies. It is the tip of the iceberg and nowhere near complete)
1 Somewhere In Time (many couples have a song, my dh & I also have a movie)
2 Bull Durham, Dances with Wolves, Turner and Hootch, Jumpin' Jack Flash,
3 Pretty Woman, Sleepless in Seattle, You've got Mail, French Kiss, Out of Africa, Her Alibi, Runaway Bride,
4 An Affair to Remember, The King and I, Citizen Cane,
5 ET, Logan's Run, Mrs. Doubtfire, Tootsie, Close Encounters, From the Earth to the Moon Series, the 5th element, True Lies, Guarding Tess, The Banger Sisters,
6 Princess Cariboo, Oh Brother Where Art Thou ("I thought you was a toad!"), Second Hand Lions, Local Hero, Cats
7 Anything with Tommy Lee Jones, Robert Redford, Brad Pitt, James Garner, Richard Geer, Sean Connery, Kevin Bacon, Julia Roberts,

10 Comments:

Blogger Kelli McBride said...

Good thinking outside the box on movies and books! It was so hard limiting it to seven.

I love: "I thought you was a TOAD." The best line in the movie.

1:01 PM CST  
Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

WE LOVE THIS MOVIE! Love it so much, we've adopted half the dialogue in our family. Here are just a few. (Maybe we have watched it too often.)

"I thought you was a toad."

"We're in a tight spot!"

"Baptism! You two are just dumber than a bag of hammers."

"It's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart."

And... "Well ain't this place a geographical oddity! Two weeks from everywhere!"

Now I have to go watch it again.

Smart move on categorizing, Betty. (grin)

3:48 PM CST  
Blogger Betty S said...

Ben went out and bought it for me tonight. (What a sweetie!)

"We thought you was a Toad." is one of our family expressions guarenteed to make us all laugh.

Betty S

9:34 PM CST  
Blogger Dana Pollard said...

The girls and I love Secondhand Lions!!

9:48 PM CST  
Blogger Betty S said...

Me too.
I see something I'd missed before each time I watch it.

12:21 AM CST  
Blogger Gena Showalter said...

Anchorman is the best movie to quote. It's based on a true story, where only the names, people, locations, and events have been changed to protect the innocent.

11:14 AM CST  
Blogger Betty S said...

Now I need to rent Anchorman.

That sounds great.

Betty S

1:05 PM CST  
Blogger Kelli McBride said...

Rinda you forgot:

-Mrs. Hogwallop up and R-U-N-N-O-F-T.
-The color guard is colored!
-I've spoken my piece and counted to three.

9:34 AM CST  
Blogger Jill Monroe said...

And Brad rears his ugly head again!

5:45 PM CST  
Blogger Betty S said...

Which head is that, Jill?

2:20 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home


CLICK HERE TO GET A NEW CURSOR!